Equifax, one of the three major credit bureaus, recently announced a large data breach. As your trusted partner, we want you to know we’ve got your back. We also want to assure you that no SC Telco systems were compromised. Visit Equifax.com for more information.
What We Do to Protect You
- We offer Account Notifications through MONEYLINK Online Banking and SC Telco Mobile Banking. The Account Notification feature allows you to set up text, email and push notifications to track your account activity. Our Rewards Checking Account offers IDProtect Theft Protection Service. It’s a powerful identity-theft protection service featuring: Credit File Monitoring, Total Identity Monitoring, and more.
- SC Telco MONEYLINK Debit Cards have several precautions in place. For example, there’s a daily limit for cash withdrawals and purchases, and our cards include EMV chip protection.
What Can You Do
- Frequently check your credit report for suspicious activity. You’re entitled to one free credit report per year from each of the three credit reporting agencies at www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Enroll in MONEYLINK Online and SC Telco Mobile Banking by clicking here.
- Set up Multifactor Authentication for an extra layer of online security. For more information about Multifactor Authentication click here.
- Consider a credit freeze. Visit Equifax, Experian and TransUnion websites.
- Be cautious. We recommend changing your passwords regularly and never share your username, passwords or security questions with anyone. Beware of phishing scams by email or phone. For more information on phishing click here.
- If you do experience identity theft, be sure to go to the Federal Trade Commission website and report the incident by clicking here.