SC Telco Corporate Office in Greenville, South Carolina
The position is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level working closely with the SVP of HR and team in carrying out duties in a variety of HR functions. Serves as consultant to managers and employees, formulating partnerships with them to deliver HR services in most or all of these functional areas: recruitment/selection and retention, onboarding, employee relations and engagement, performance management and development, affirmative action, benefits and compensation, human resources analytics, policy interpretation and employment law compliance. May manage a team of generalists.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Develops policies and procedures; develops plans for, and oversees or implements plans for, communicating policies and procedures.
- Develops and oversees recruitment program for the placement of all exempt and non-exempt personnel, interns, students, and temporary employees; develops and/or delivers new-employee orientations; oversees the posting of openings, determining the best venues to be used for advertising openings; works with management to understand and influence talent acquisition needs and plans; identifies and negotiates contracts with external recruiting agencies; works with recruiting firms in the screening and placement of candidates; attends career fairs; assists with developing and administering internship programs; monitors new hire onboarding and 30-60-90 day work experience; advises manager on findings; creates and delivers required and regulatory reporting.
- Oversees the performance management and employee relations efforts (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions) involving direct manager and legal counsel as needed; evaluates and recommends improvements to the performance management approaches; responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints; oversees the exit interview process; monitors and reports on trends in employee relations issues along with recommendations for improving found issues and trends. Develops program timelines/schedules, communications, and oversees tracking and reporting efforts.
- Manages and/or develops and oversees delivery of training programs to non-branch-operations employees and managers toward their individual and team development. Works closely with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and employee engagement, and increase productivity and retention.
- Oversees administration of the compensation program by supervising generalists in the development of job descriptions; oversees and/or manages the compensation systems, evaluates/grades jobs; recommends updates to keep program current.
- Develops a program to ensure the creation of regular analytics that inform management team for purposes of strategic alignment, including headcount reporting, demographic reporting, exit interview updates trends, turnover reports, and related; analyzes trends and metrics and advises management on findings and recommendations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal counsel as needed/required.
- Performs other special projects or duties as assigned.
- To enthusiastically support the Vision, Mission and Core Values of the Credit Union.
- To adhere to policies, procedures, compliance, safety, security and Cyber-security as they relate to the job and work assignments.
- To provide friendly, professional and quality service and support to all internal and external members. To effectively foster and maintain relationships with entire Credit Union management team while identifying and coordinating cross-departmental initiatives.
- To ensure personal growth and development goals are met; maintaining knowledge of the technology field.
- To complete goals and projects as outlined in the operation plan for the year; deliver planned results within budget.
- To achieve the Credit Union’s planned technology objectives in regards to the core data processing system and other relevant systems.
- To provide direction and recommendations to management based on current research data.
Knowledge & Skills
Five to eight years of professional level Human Resources experience required, with experience at or above level; prior management experience required; experience within the financial industry preferred; experience leading a team of generalists preferred.
Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Business Administration required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPHR or related also preferred.
The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position. Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
Microsoft Office Suite
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.