Proudly serving our members since 1935.
SC Telco was founded in 1935 by William Wirt Stover and 18 employees of Southern Bell Telephone & Telegraph Company as one of South Carolina’s first not-for-profit, cooperative financial institutions.
Today, we are one of the largest credit unions in the Palmetto State. And for over 80 years, our mission has remained consistent: to improve the financial lives of our members.
1935: Chartered as Greenville Telco Federal Credit Union by employees of Southern Bell Telephone & Telegraph. Year-end assets total $5,000.
1962: Assets reach record $600,000.
1966: Branch opens in Columbia. Field of membership expands to include all telephone employees in state.
1972: Florence branch opens. Assets reach $3 million.
1977: Name changes to SC Telco Federal Credit Union.
1980: Checking and Certificate products introduced. ATM card program started.
1989: Named Federal Credit Union of the Year by the National Association of Federal Credit Unions.
1991: Merge with Wunda Weve FCU; assets reach $55 million.
1993: Home office moved to Toy Street into historical Hayne School building; build new branch in Columbia, at Pulaski Street.
1995: Opened Spartanburg branch.
2001: Opened branch on Verdae Boulevard in Greenville.
2003: Merge with NP Employees Credit Union; reach $100 million in assets; online banking capabilities fully provided.
2006: Merge with Liberty FCU, expanding branch network into Taylors and Liberty; assets reach $119 million; build new Spartanburg branch.
2007: Build new branch in Florence.
2008: Acquire Easley branch from Anderson FCU.
2009: Assets reach $184 million.
2013: SC Telco launches mobile banking; assets reach $261 million.
2014: SC Telco relocates headquarters and support center to East Park Avenue, Greenville; named among South Carolina’s Best Places to Work.
SC Telco is not for profit or charity; we’re for service.
Join the SC Telco family
Have a passion to serve? Apply to be a volunteer.